Eventually every roof will age and become faulty. The good news is technology is playing a big role in helping the life span of roofs today. There are many reasons why a roof will "wear out" including:
- Building Settling - Over time, a commercial building will expand, contract and settle which can effect the roofing system.
- Exposure - Environmental elements such as the sun, rain, freeze, storms can do damage and ultimately shorten the life of a roof.
- Biological Growth - Standing water can produce algae and other vegetation which can harm a commercial roof.
- Not Fixing Problems - Small problems can lead to bigger problems if not addressed.
- Ignoring Maintenance - This is typically the biggest mistakes people make when it comes to their roof. Regular checkups are important so that you get the most out of your commercial roof.
These are the most common reasons a roof can deteriorate over time.
Are there any real energy savings when replacing our roof?
If you replace your roof with the appropriate product, then yes, you will notice energy savings. A cooler roof can not only protect the exterior (and interior) of your building, but it can help keep cooling costs down during the summer months.
Looking for the right Atlanta roof coating expert can be a difficult task. With so many to choose from, it’s not easy to find the right one. B&L General Contractors is an Atlanta roofing expert with over 40 years of combined experience.
We take a great deal of pride in our ability to not only provide excellent customer service, but also deliver exceptional coating products that will improve the visible appeal of a building and energy efficiency of the facility. We use the highest quality and most durable roof coating products available for all of our repairs.
With cold winters, hot summers and severe storms, the weather Georgia is presented with takes a daily toll in the life of a building’s roof. Don’t leave the protection of your roof to chance. Call B&L today for a free roof inspection.
To learn more about B & L General Contractors as an Atlanta roof coating expert , please contact us.
Having a "green roof" in our industry simply means you are protecting the inside of your building not only from destructive outdoor forces, but are providing a solution to keep energy costs down inside the building. Helping you to keep your building cool in the summer and warm during the winter for desirable costs is our goal.
More property owners and building managers are seeking LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) certification; meaning they are looking to newer and more effective industry tactics.
As one of the newest trends in the roofing industry, this product is leading the way for commercial buildings in need of a more energy efficient interior with superior exterior protection. Reflective single-ply membranes can offer significant cost savings for building managers and property owners. They are especially effective in warmer climates, such as Georgia, where there is frequent air conditioning use.
Green Roof Advantages
The advantages of utilizing a "green roof" include:
- Lower energy costs
- LEED certification value
- Dramatically improve the roof's insulation value
- Energy Star qualified, meaning the roof will reflect more of the sun's rays, which lowers the surface temperature
- Reduce heat loss in the winter and the amount of energy used to cool your home in the summer by up to 15 percent
- High-end protection from Mother Nature
- High emissivity, which refers to how quick the absorbed energy is emitted back into the atmosphere
Technology has provided a better solution for building managers and property owners looking to take care of the building's investment. If you would like to learn more about our role in providing green roofing solutions for our customers, please contact us!
Is your commercial or industrial building suffering from problems with a metal roof? B&L General Contractors specializes in Atlanta metal roof restoration. With over 40 years of combined roofing experience, we can help.
Offering only the highest quality products installed by our highly trained staff, B&L has the solution that’s right for your building investment. In addition to restoring the life and vitality of a company’s existing metal roof, this process can greatly enhance the visible appearance of your building and ensure long the long term energy efficiency of the facility.
Our free estimates include a thorough roof inspection, a roof drawing, core samples, and roof photos. Choose B&L General Contractors for Atlanta metal roof restoration. Get the B&L advantage today. for more information.